Vera Paints Sunshine: The Art of Vera Neumann
|Category: Art Exhibits|
|This event has been verified by the Arizona Daily Star.|
Vera Paints Sunshine / The Art of Vera Neumann
Reception: Saturday, October 7, 6 - 8 pm
Exhibition: October 7 thru November 6, 2017
Iconic American Artist Vera typified the mid-century modern movement through her art and business savvy. As a visionary innovator, she influenced several generations with her fashion, style and homewares that emphasized functionality and simplicity. Vera’s impact is still relevant today. Her works are housed among the collections of Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), Metropolitan Museum of Art and Smithsonian Institution, to name a few.
Sunshine Shop Tucson, in collaboration with Susan Seid (owner of Vera Neumann Original Art), have created an exhibition which includes Vera’s paintings and a biographical context to her life and career. She believed art to be an approachable and optimistic part of everyday life. Her philosophy was to surround oneself in art. And indeed, many did!
Mention Vera scarves, and one will instantly recognize her influence. Every American household from the late 1940s through the 1970s is likely to have at least one, if not many, Vera products. Her entrepreneurial spirit balanced her artist self perfectly. First and foremost, she was an artist. Yet, from her art she created a $100 million + business. Quite a groundbreaking achievement for a woman, especially during that time period.
With nature her inspiration, she perfected the simple balance of color and shape. Vera was a pioneer in the abstract art movement and a major influence on mid-century modern sensibilities.
Vera Paints Sunshine / The Art of Vera Neumann is a Tucson Modernism Week affiliate event.
Original artworks available for purchase. Free and Open to the Public.
Please visit SunshineShopTucson.com for further details
|2934 E. Broadway, Tucson, AZ, 85716|
|Just west of Country Club, on the southside of Broadway, located in THPF's Hirsh's Shoes Building|
|Visit event website|
Event dates and times
- Thursday, Oct 19, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday, Oct 20, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday, Oct 21, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday, Oct 22, 2017, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Monday, Oct 23, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday, Oct 26, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday, Oct 27, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday, Oct 28, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday, Oct 29, 2017, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Monday, Oct 30, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday, Nov 2, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday, Nov 3, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday, Nov 4, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday, Nov 5, 2017, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Monday, Nov 6, 2017, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm