BICAS: Artwork on Display
|Category: Art Exhibits|
|This event has been verified by the Arizona Daily Star.|
BICAS Art is on display January 2 - January 31, 2019 in the glass cases in the lobby of Joel Valdez Main Library.
BICAS (Bicycle Inter-Community Art & Salvage) is a worker self-directed nonprofit 501(c)(3) bicycle center located near downtown Tucson.
Through advocacy and bicycle salvage, our mission is to participate in affordable bicycle transportation, education, and creative recycling with our greater Tucson community.
Relying largely on generous donations from our community, BICAS is able to provide a variety of programs to learn how to fix a bicycle, earn a bicycle, create unique art from recycled materials, and provide programs specifically targeted towards youth. We believe in bicycles and other human-powered machines as essential vehicles for transportation justice, and we are always striving to make them more accessible to our community.
Old bicycle parts are given new life in sculptures and handmade crafts by community artists. The bent and broken can be reimagined into whimsical, beautiful, and functional artwork. Pieces like those displayed contribute to Tucson’s reputation for gritty, DIY desert charm.
As of 2019, BICAS is proud to celebrate 30 years in Tucson!
|101 N. Stone Ave., Tucson, AZ, 85701|
|Visit event website|
Event dates and times
- Thursday, Jan 17, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday, Jan 18, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday, Jan 19, 2019, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, Jan 20, 2019, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, Jan 22, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, Jan 23, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, Jan 24, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday, Jan 25, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday, Jan 26, 2019, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, Jan 27, 2019, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, Jan 28, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, Jan 29, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, Jan 30, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, Jan 31, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm