Athena Solan - Primary Materials: Winnowing the 34th and 36th
|Category: Art Exhibits|
The art of Athena Solan will be featured on the gallery walls during regular library hours.
I am currently working on a series in which ambiguous environments materialize from a variety of media. I use fabrics and thread for the first layer and then alternate between painting, drawing and more sewing. These landscapes are created as a way of organizing information. The mind will manipulate all input to fit into the psychological models it has created.
All experience is a muddle, until we make a model to explain it. The model can clarify the muddles, but the model is never the muddle itself. - Robert Anton Wilson
Mixed media is the most honest way for me to record data. Drawing and sewing manifest mechanical marks. Paint, on the other hand, introduces a sculptural element to the work through a combination of layering and staining. Research and reflective writing help me to define each piece. Ultimately, my goal is to create a venue for discourse.
|101 N Stone Ave, Tucson, AZ, 85701|
|Visit event website|
Event dates and times
- Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, Oct 23, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, Oct 24, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday, Oct 25, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday, Oct 26, 2019, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, Oct 27, 2019, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, Oct 28, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, Oct 29, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, Oct 30, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, Oct 31, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm