BICAS Art on Display
|Category: Art Exhibits|
The art of BICAS will be displayed in the windowed room on the first floor during regular library hours.
BICAS (Bicycle Inter-Community Art & Salvage) is a worker self-directed nonprofit 501(c)(3) bicycle center located near downtown Tucson.
Through advocacy and bicycle salvage, our mission is to participate in affordable bicycle transportation, education, and creative recycling with our greater Tucson community.
Relying largely on generous donations from our community, BICAS is able to provide a variety of programs to learn how to fix a bicycle, earn a bicycle, create unique art from recycled materials, and provide programs specifically targeted towards youth. We believe in bicycles and other human-powered machines as essential vehicles for transportation justice, and we are always striving to make them more accessible to our community.
In this collection of works "From the desert to the sea" old bicycle parts are given new life in sculptures and handmade crafts by community artists. The bent and broken can be reimagined into whimsical, beautiful, and functional artwork. Pieces like those displayed contribute to Tucson’s reputation for gritty, DIY desert charm.
As of 2019, BICAS is proud to celebrate 30 years in Tucson!
|101 N Stone Ave, Tucson, AZ, 85701|
|Visit event website|
Event dates and times
- Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, Oct 23, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, Oct 24, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday, Oct 25, 2019, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday, Oct 26, 2019, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday, Oct 27, 2019, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Monday, Oct 28, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, Oct 29, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, Oct 30, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Thursday, Oct 31, 2019, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm